We are Hiring!
Youth Director Job Description
We are located on the east side of the Twin Cities in Woodbury, MN. We were planted ten years ago from Bethlehem Baptist Church (Minneapolis, MN). We are also a part of the Treasuring Christ Together Network, Converge, and The Gospel Coalition. Our programming is simple, gospel-centered, and relationally engaging. Our aim is to live life together on the disciple-making mission that God has given us for His glory and our joy. We are currently looking for a man who would serve as youth pastor for students in grades 7-12. See job description below.
- Committed to Word and Prayer (Acts 6)
- Mature walk with Christ
- Above reproach, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, loving, not a gossip, humble, submissive to church leadership
- Life/reputation shows the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control
- Some formal biblical/theological training
- Prior experience making disciples in a student context
- Prior experience teaching in some capacity
- Joyfully embrace the vision, mission of the church as well as the elder affirmation of faith
- Has passion to help create a missional culture with students and parents
- Can thrive in mix of homeschool, private school and public school families
- Seeks to lead in weakness (2 Cor 12:9) and truly be known by others
- Develop a discipleship plan and vision for the youth ministry that is consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the church
- Pursue intentional disciple-making relationships with students
- Provide Christ-like leadership to volunteers and students, praying for them and seeking to care for their souls.
- Recruit a team(s) of volunteers as needed who will help disciple students
- Teach God’s Word to students and other leaders
- Regularly communicate with parents throughout the year concerning plans, updates, and needs regarding the youth ministry.
- Help parents as they raise their children by resourcing them, praying and with/for them, meeting one-on-one as needed, etc)
- Participate in the life of the church and be willing to serve in other areas that may be needed.
- Potential to grow into full-time family pastor position
- Salary | 20hrs/week
Submit Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Information: 651-243-2729 | www.christredeemermn.org